Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Moleskin Notebooks

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiny-dog/2557141803/

Every year someone manages to get me a moleskin journal for Christmas or my birthday. I usually put it on my bookshelf where it wastes away for years before I give it away as a present.

For Christmas my boyfriend gave me one of these notebooks, and although it looked the same as the others with it's off white recycled pages and black or brown cover, this one was a little different.

The reason this notebook is different is he purposely bought it because he wanted me to write in it.

So I did.

And I find myself writing in it all the time..To do lists, phone numbers, photography notes, tiny pictures I like that live pressed between the pages like bookmarks. I find myself reaching for my little leatherbound notebook in the morning with the same urgency I give to my wallet and my cell phone. Thanks for the awesome gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment