1. Supplies to gather:
- colorful card stock paper, transparent plastic film, scissors, glue or glue stick, tape or double stick tape, and your preference of fake snow (confetti, glitter, plastic snow, etc.) and xacto knife for adults only.
- Cut out an 8" x 6" piece of card stock that will be folded in half. Once folded, this size is a standard 4" x 6" postcard.
- On one side, cut out the dome shaped window with xacto knife.
- Cut plastic film to be approximately 1/2 centimeter larger than the window itself. Tape down edges securely.
- Create or glue down snow globe backdrop as well as foreground image directly unto the opposite side of window. Any medium would work as you can clearly see above. It can be a photograph, magazine picture, a child's drawing, collage, painting, etc!
- Place your choice of fake snow on top of artwork on in between the folds. (We used confetti, glitter, cut paper and plastic iridescent snow). You will always need to put down more "Snow" than you think because some of the snow will tend to get stuck in the corners of the postcard so be generous here.
- Using glue or double sticky tape, fold and press down the two parts together.
- You are done! They are ready to be mailed, but because they are heavier than the average postcard, they will require standard letter stamps as opposed to postcard stamps.
- I hope you love this project!
DIY instructions for making your own snow globe from Well Worn: