Friday, March 11, 2011

my alphabet


I drew the alphabet for a number of reasons. Mainly because I wanted to create a work of art that did not symbolize anything other than what it represented. An "A" stands for the letter "A" and that's about it. If I drew a dog, well a dog can represent so much that some might look beyond the purpose of my art which is simply about the craftsmanship of each letter.

I also decided to draw the alphabet because I wanted to make art that went beyond just a picture on the wall. I plan to print these onto totes, dishware and onto fabric to give out as gifts. This art is something that you can interact with in everyday life.

Hope you enjoy:) Because it took me so, so long to draw them :)

(Click on a letter to make it bigger)

























3 comments:

  1. I love this, and I love your blog banner! I'd like you to make one for my blog <3 you're soso talented.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on both the alphabet and the blog banner. There's something so romantic about your work.

    ReplyDelete