Sunday, January 16, 2011

old and eclectic meets contemporary and minimal


I worked at a catering hall for 4 years in college. So when I got engaged I decided that a typical wedding might possibly take me back to being 20 years old wearing a tuxedo serving salads to drunkards. (not that there is anything wrong with that) It just means I want to do things a little differently. Even though I'm enjoying a long engagement and not getting married anytime soon I'm having fun thinking about decorating. It's like a big art project for me. So I'm making style boards of things friends send to me, and things I discover on my own so when it's time to make some big decisions, I have some visuals I can refer back to.

So here is the first one without a color scheme in mind.

minimal cake. branches with paper flowers (DIY from Martha Stewart) vintage style invitations. vintage board games. antique typewriter.

No comments:

Post a Comment